Multi-Point Inspection & Diagnostics Services
Fixing your transmission
We have the technology and the expertise to properly identify your transmission problems so we only repair what needs to be fixed. Most of the time your transmission only requires a minor repair. This is why AAMCO remains the most trusted name in transmissions and has been for over 50 years.
Multi-Point Inspection & Diagnostics Services includes:
- Level and condition of
transfercase and differential fluid check
- Level and condition of your transmission fluid check
- Road test performance check:
- Each drive range
- Upshift timing
- Upshift quality
- Passing gear
- Initial engagements
- TCC engagement
- Downshift timing
- Downshift quality
- 4×4 performance
Extensive lift inspection check:
- Shift linkage or cable
- Engine performance
- Ground connections
- Engine idle
- Fluid retention
- Axles and shafts
- Final drive
- U-joints/CV joints
- Pan gasket
- Wire condition
- Scan the computer for trouble codes.
- TV/detent cable/linkage
- Harness connections
Our advanced computer and internal diagnostics ensure your Baton Rouge AAMCO technician will only fix what’s needed. Many transmission problems start with your transmission receiving the wrong signals from your vehicle’s computer system. The AAMCO Computer Diagnostic Service can determine if an electronic component is affecting your transmission’s shifting or overall performance.
This check includes:
- A computer system scan to identify any incorrect codes and to determine the probable cause. All critical computer systems in the vehicle are checked for trouble
codes,because a variety of systems could cause driveability issues.
- Reviewing the diagnostic results against our proprietary AAMCO technical database – the most extensive transmission computer diagnostic source available.
our certified AAMCO center technician will also:
- Check the electronic components
- Check the wiring that effects the transmission, solenoids
- Check the solenoids and sensors
Your Baton Rouge AAMCO certified technician will determine if an electronic component or part needs to be replaced, and make the correct recommendation. What sets AAMCO apart is our comprehensive diagnostic approach. You only get the repair you need to get your vehicle back on the road as soon as possible.